Director of MedComm Dispatching Services
- - MedComm
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Director of MedComm Dispatching Services
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Clinical Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
FTE STATUS: 1.0
Position oversees all daily activities within the Communications Center (MedComm). This includes overseeing the dispatching services provided to MedFlight and to all contracted clients. Position is a member of the leadership team of MedFlight, which includes executive management, department directors and Regional Directors. Position is also required to participate and attend regularly scheduled leadership meetings for all contracted clients which may require onsite meeting attendance with each dispatching client. Position requires support to not only MedFlight but all contracted clients as it relates to customer service, building and maintaining professional relationships, strategic and corporate support, requesting agency/customer follow-up and ongoing contract renewals and negotiations. Has responsibility for the development of MedComm and adherence to MedFlight and contracted clients safety policies, excellence in customer service expectations, facilitating education of team members, quality improvement efforts, corporate strategic planning, budgeting, evaluation, coaching and discipline of partners, marketing of the respective division and/or corporate marketing efforts outlined by MedFlight and dispatching clients, while assuring customer service and problem solving. Responsible for strategic planning and implementation of goals and objectives while at the same time align these efforts with the organizational mission and vision of MedFlight and all dispatching clients. Responsible for regulatory compliance with externally mandated reporting and licensing requirements. Responsible for maintaining and meeting deadlines as it relates to submission of all Communications items outlined in the most current edition of CAMTS. Position will oversee the overall hiring, supervision, oversight, training, and development for the Communications staff. Responsible for budget preparation, submission, and compliance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Knows and understands the expectations and requirements of MedFlight and all contracted dispatching clients.
2. Actively supports the needs and efforts, as it relates to corporate strategic plans, for MedFlight and all contracted dispatching clients.
3. Understands both the stated and unstated values of MedFlight. Lives up to the organization values at all times. Considers mission statement, vision, and values in making decisions and taking actions.
4. Embraces and actively models the Servant Leadership philosophy.
5. Understands and actively works with MedFlight and all dispatching clients to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively seeks customers' feedback on quality of service provided and works together with the individual programs' executive and management personnel to resolve customer related problems.
6. Embraces and sets standards for safety culture within the MedComm that supports the safety initiatives of MedFlight and all contracted clients.
7. Expected to protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the Company's privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider. May access protected health information and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete job duties.
8. Expected to report any concerns regarding any company policies and procedures and any observed practices in violation of that policy to the appropriate member of management.
9. Drafts operational policies for approval by the CEO. Ensures that policies remain current. Will also implement and adhere to policies that relate to all dispatching clients.
10. Builds good relationships and rapport with MedComm personnel, Supervisors, peers and all internal and external customers. Treats all people with dignity and respect.
11. Builds and maintains good relationships and rapport with all MedFlight and dispatching clients' management.
12. Works in conjunction with MedFlight and all dispatching client leadership regarding daily activities at each operating location.
13. Directs all aspects of the daily operations of the MedComm.
14. Directly supervises Communications Shift Supervisors and the Communications Specialist Training Officer. Oversees all partners in the MedComm Division.
15. Works in conjunction with to assure budgetary compliance. Assists in the development for future budgets.
16. Coordinates supply ordering, tracking, and allocation of resources for Communications division.
17. Is responsible for maintaining cost center expenses at budgeted or better than budget levels.
18. Is responsible for daily operational expenditures including payroll approval for MedComm partners.
19. Works with the Education Department to assure compliance of company educational requirements for MedComm.
20. Responsible for ensuring all MedComm personnel are compliant with all CAMTS accreditation standards.
21. Responsible for meeting all deadlines as it relates to CAMTS submission and reaccreditation efforts for MedFlight and all dispatching clients.
22. Works with Human Resources to ensure adequate staffing levels are accomplished.
23. Will be responsible for hiring, training, coaching, counseling, evaluating and commending MedComm staff with assistance from the Communications Shift Supervisors and Communications Specialist Training Officer.
24. Evaluates and monitors feedback from patients and customers for improving the department's efficiency and service. Ensures that MedFlight and dispatching clients goals are achieved in relation to customer satisfaction.
25. Works in conjunction with the operational management teams in the event operational or team member issues cannot be resolved at the MedComm management level.
26. Resolves any daily MedComm operational problems with MedFlight or any of its dispatching clients.
27. Responsible for maintaining all current dispatching client contracts while actively pursuing new potential clients. Will work to seek and assist new clients.
28. Will remain available to meet with current clients and/or potential clients to review and demonstrate the processes and skills of what MedComm can offer and support.
29. Develops a strategic plan specific to MedComm that identifies growth needs and potential new business including alternative diversified ventures.
Directly: Communications Shift Supervisors and the Communications Specialist Training Officer.
Indirectly: All other MedComm partners.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Preferred 2 years administrative and/or supervisory experience in health care, with preference in the pre-hospital or critical care transportation setting.
Communications Shift Supervisor experience in MedComm setting.
Experience in budgeting and business development.
Experience with all phases of MedComm operation of a critical care transport service.
Work requires a very high level of comprehensive knowledge of emergency transportation, procedures and a thorough understanding of their application in the medical transportation environment.
Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with internal and external personnel in stressful situations and to act as a representative of MedFlight, MedComm and all its' dispatching clients to the public.
Excellent communication skills.
Solid organizational, analytical and investigative skills.
Ability to work in a professional and tactful manner with all levels of staff while navigating stressful situations and discussions.
Will work as needed to accomplish the goals set forth by the Chief Executive Officer.
Ability to be on-call 24/7.
Current, valid driver's license or the ability to provide means of own transportation.
Travel in personal vehicle required.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees, assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.