Driver Position Contingent: EMT Required, Columbus, Ohio
- - Clinical Crew
- Columbus, OH, USA
To provide customer focused medical transportation solutions.
To be the premier provider of medical transportation logistics through innovation and customer focus.
Safety, Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion.
REPORTS TO: Internal Base Lead
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
FTE STATUS: Contingent
The Driver is responsible for driving the MICU, maintaining the vehicle's operation including cleanliness, fluid levels, and performing PM checks. The driver maintains logs, assists the crew in the safe loading and unloading of patients, and carrying equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Focus and Communication
1. Understands both the stated and unstated values of MedFlight. Lives up to the organization values at all times. Considers mission statement, vision, and values in making decisions and taking actions.
2. Builds good relationships and rapport with partners, supervisors and management. Treats all people with dignity and respect.
3. Knows and meets all of the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively seeks customers' feedback on quality of service provided and resolves customer related issues.
4. Promotes good internal customer service. Receive and respond to personal visits, incoming calls, and e-mails in a prompt and professional manner.
Maintains and Enhances Skills
5. Possesses sufficient job skills and knowledge to perform the job in a competent manner.
6. Demonstrates the essential skills and knowledge in day-to-day situations. Is a continual learner, adds to knowledge and skills as job requirements evolve.
7. Meets all training requirements, including Ninth Brain assignments.
8. Complies with all CAMTS requirements as related to certification, training, and documentation.
9. Successfully completes company mandated training on clinical and operational topics.
10. Participates in research projects to promote growth and development of medical transportation knowledge base.
Teamwork and Engagement
11. Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback.
12. Respectfully challenges ideas and shares alternate opinions but supports team decisions. Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
13. Adapts approach, goals, and methods to achieve solutions and results in changing situations.
14. Contributes to a workplace that is free from harassment and respects individual differences.
15. Meets company meeting attendance requirements. Is in compliance with attendance policies.
16. Maintains capability to work at all bases as assigned. Will help facilitate the transition from one mode to another when primary mode is unavailable due to weather, maintenance or other factors.
17. Completes daily base assignments and participates on committees/taskforces or special projects.
Safety and Security
18. Is knowledgeable about job safety and security responsibilities. Adheres to all workplace safety and security regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
19. Demonstrates safe and secure work habits. Takes no shortcuts that increase risks. Looks for unsafe and non-secure practices in the workplace.
20. Promptly reports actual or potential safety or security concerns.
21. Protects the privacy of all Company and patient information in accordance with the Company's privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider. May access protected health information and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete job duties.
22. Assures maintenance and checks adequate stock of drugs and supplies aboard transport vehicle/aircraft. Checks biomedical equipment, both portable and aboard transport vehicle/aircraft, to ensure proper functioning and reports any deficiencies.
Decision and Recommendation Quality
23. Gathers information and others' input to allow a thorough assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in decision-making and recommendations.
24. Considers lessons learned from experience, differing needs, and the impact of the decision on others.
25. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process.
26. Responsible for the safe operation of the transport vehicle and ensures a safe environment for patient and other healthcare workers in and around MedFlight vehicles.
Loading and Unloading Patients
27. Works collaboratively with the critical care nurse and paramedic in loading/unloading of patient.
28. Responds to requests for transports within established timeframe.
29. Responsible for maintaining communications with the Communication Center via radio and/or cellular phone.
30. Maintains accurate times and mileage logs on each transport; submits as part of patient record.
31. Assists in the collection and analysis of data/statistics for operational management. To include the distribution of customer satisfaction surveys.
32. Provides quality assurance through prompt and accurate reporting, filing, and follow-up actions, both internally and externally.
Vehicle Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance
33. Maintains and ensures adequate vehicle operation including proper fuel, fluid levels, lights, sirens, radio, cellular phone functioning. Works with Mechanic to ensure all mechanical deficiencies are corrected.
34. Assists with the cleaning and restocking of transport vehicle immediately after transport.
35. Assists with the cleaning of inside and outside of MICU, including washing windows, washing the outside of the MICU, and trash removal.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
36. Expected to participate in company mandated training on operational topics.
37. Completes daily base assignments and participates on committees/taskforces or special projects.
38. May be reassigned to other work functions and modes within MedFlight according to Standard Operating Procedures.
39. Expected to report any concerns regarding any company policies and procedures and any observed practices in violation of that policy to the appropriate member of management.
Current Ohio certification as an EMT-B, I or P. Must maintain current certification in Basic Life Support.
Two years active experience as EMT in field is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
1. Work requires comprehensive knowledge of emergency transportation procedures and a thorough understanding of their application in the medical transportation environment. This is normally achieved through certification as an EMT-B, I or P, three years' active experience in field, completion of MedFlight's orientation program.
2. Work requires the skills necessary to quickly and safely transport patient using available resources, prioritize requests, and assists with patient care as directed.
3. Manages and copes effectively with stress related to the care of patients, families, and unpredictable situations within various care settings.
4. Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with internal and external personnel in stressful situations and to act as a representative of MedFlight to the public.
5. Must be able to sit driving for long periods of time.
6. Must demonstrate alertness at all times.
7. Ability to assist in the loading and unloading of patients, on cots, up to 300+lbs. Pulling and pushing the cot in and out of the mode of transportation of the patient, maintaining the cot in a horizontal position.
8. Performs work exposed to heat, wind rain, altitudes and in rough terrain such as hills, in ice/snow, climb fences, etc.
9. Exposure to infectious diseases and chemical contaminants. May be exposed to hazards involved with exposure to aircraft and mobile vehicles. May be exposed to bruises, superficial lacerations, back, ankle or muscle strain and/or needle punctures while on duty.
10. Required to bend, stoop and carry equipment over rough terrain without any limitations in range of motion and use proper body mechanics.
11. Must be able to withstand high amounts of stress in uncontrolled environments.
12. Must maintain competency on assigned and alternate modes of transport.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees, assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media