Recruitment and Retention Specialist
- - Human Resources
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Providing medical transportation solutions.
To be the premier provider of medical transportation.
Safety, Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion
Recruitment and Retention Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
FTE STATUS: 1.0
The Recruitment and Retention Specialist works to align overall recruitment activities with organizational goals for hiring and retention. Working in the Human Resources Department, the Recruitment and Retention Specialist advertises job openings, reviews applicants' resumes, organizes and conducts interviews and creates strategies that enhance MedFlight's ability to attract and retain workers. Ultimately, this position is responsible for maintaining a positive candidate experience, hiring qualified people and ensuring retention of current employees.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Focus and Communication
1. Understands both the stated and unstated values of MedFlight. Lives up to the organization values at all times. Considers mission statement, vision, and values in making decisions and taking actions.
2. Builds good relationships and rapport with partners, supervisors and management. Treats all people with dignity and respect.
3. Knows and meets all of the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively seeks customers' feedback on quality of service provided and resolves customer related issues.
4. Promotes good internal customer service. Receive and respond to personal visits, incoming calls, and e-mails in a prompt and professional manner.
5. Serve as a link between management and partners by handling questions, interpreting policies and helping resolve work-related problems.
Maintains and Enhances Skills
6. Possesses sufficient job skills and knowledge to perform the job in a competent manner.
7. Demonstrates the essential skills and knowledge in day-to-day situations. Is a continual learner, adds to knowledge and skills as job requirements evolve.
8. Meets all training requirements, including Ninth Brain assignments.
Teamwork and Engagement
9. Embraces and actively models Servant Leadership and Just Culture philosophies.
10. Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback.
11. Respectfully challenges ideas and shares alternate opinions but supports team decisions. Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
12. Adapts approach, goals, and methods to achieve solutions and results in changing situations.
13. Contributes to a workplace that is free from harassment and respects individual differences.
14. Meets company meeting attendance requirements. Is in compliance with attendance policies.
Safety and Security
15. Is knowledgeable about job safety and security responsibilities. Adheres to all workplace safety and security regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
16. Demonstrates safe and secure work habits. Takes no shortcuts that increase risks. Looks for unsafe and non-secure practices in the workplace.
17. Promptly reports actual or potential safety or security concerns.
18. Protects the privacy of all Company and patient information in accordance with the Company's privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider. May access protected health information and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete job duties.
Decision and Recommendation Quality
19. Gathers information and others' input to allow a thorough assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in decision-making and recommendations.
20. Considers lessons learned from experience, differing needs, and the impact of the decision on others.
21. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process.
Recruitment and Staffing
22. Collaborates with hiring managers to set qualification criteria for future employees.
23. Works with management and the Education Department in regards to planning for orientation classes.
24. Networks with potential hires through professional groups on social media and during events. Coordinates a range of recruitment activities that can include job fairs, campus events and conferences. The Recruitment and Retention Specialist will also be asked to prepare reports related to the results of these efforts and activities.
25. Creates and publishes job ads in various portals. Manages and administrates review of applicants through the Applicant Tracking System.
26. Conducts initial phone screens to create shortlists of qualified candidates.
27. Schedules interviews with qualified candidates and ensures interviewer panel is available. Prepares interview questions and packets, ensuring the interview panel has the information needed.
28. Schedules observations for promising candidates and solicits feedback from partners on their impressions of the candidates' knowledge, skills and cultural fit.
29. Responsible for completing criminal records checks, driving abstracts, and reference checks on all potential new hires. Ensures the Medical Director's approval prior to all clinical partner offers.
30. Makes offers to new hires, sending new hire paperwork, and providing new hires with drug screen notifications.
31. Follows-up with candidates throughout the hiring process.
32. Participates in new partner orientation providing information about employment policies and benefits.
33. Supports MedFlight's adherence to fair hiring practices by periodically reviewing hiring and interviewing processes and assessing job postings to ensure that they are free of discriminatory language and in compliance with all applicable laws.
34. Tracks hiring metrics including time-to-hire, time-to-fill and source of hire.
35. Trains and advises hiring managers on interviewing techniques and assessment methods.
36. Maintain a database of potential candidates for future job openings.
37. Assists new partners in benefits enrollment, and existing partners in benefit changes.
38. Communicates with payroll to ensure partner premiums are appropriately deducted.
39. Serves as resource to partners on benefits.
40. Works with the Director of Human Resources to ensure a smooth open enrollment process.
Partner Programs and Recognition
41. Coordinates partner recognition programs on an ongoing basis. This includes preparation of Quarterly Wings awards and Anniversary gifts.
42. On an annual basis, coordinates special partner functions from planning to implementation. These events include, but are not limited to:
o MedFlight Anniversary Partner Recognition Event
o Children's Christmas Party
o Chili Cook-off
43. Serves on assigned committees and task-forces.
44. Has awareness and understanding of competitive markets, service differentiators, and key business drivers.
45. Supports MedFlight's Strategic Goal to attract, develop, and retain staff.
46. With guidance from the Director of Human Resources, this position is responsible for planning, development and completion of quarterly 1-1 meetings and the follow-through of the Performance Management process.
47. With guidance from the Director of Human Resources, this position is responsible for planning, development, completion and follow-up of engagement surveys.
o Annually company-wide
o Ongoing as needed
48. The Recruitment and Retention Specialist helps MedFlight to maintain quality talent by developing and enacting organization-wide retention strategies. The position will assess data related to departing employees to determine whether there are structural or organization-wide reasons for staff vacancies. They then develop strategies or make recommendations to reduce employee turnover.
49. Shares knowledge and skills with colleagues and others, and acts as a role model/mentor.
50. Ensures completion of all necessary employment paperwork relating to hiring and separation.
51. Maintains HRIS and personnel file records. Responsible for scanning all new hire personnel related documents into personnel files.
52. Forwards relevant information to payroll and various departments as appropriate.
53. Responsible for ordering and distributing new hire uniforms.
54. Coordinates and orders name patches.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
Certification in Business Training Institute's Certified Recruiting Specialist or Human Resources related certification preferred.
Minimum of three years of experience in Human Resources field experience with a focus on recruitment, interviewing, retention and employee relations.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
1. Problem solving- identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
2. Interpersonal skills- maintains confidentiality, does not participate in office gossip or backdoor discussions, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
3. Oral communication- speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
4. Written communication- edits work for spelling and grammar, presents projects and data effectively.
5. Planning/organizing- prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
6. Quality control- demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
7. Adaptability- adapts to changes in the work environment, is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
8. Dependability- is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
9. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time.
10. Ability to work well with all levels of staff.
11. Ability to work in an unstructured, non-routine environment.
12. Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
13. Excellent computer skills.
14. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
15. Familiarity with applicant tracking systems.
16. While performing the essential duties of this position, the individual is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use fingers, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear.
17. The individual may occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
18. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near, far, corrected, and the ability to adjust focus.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of partners, assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media