- - Clinical Crew
- OH, USA
- Either Full Time or Part Time
MedFlight hires clinical candidates to one of two divisions: Rotor Wing (RW) or Mobile-ICU (MICU). Additionally, MedFlight hires based on the region where the candidate lives. Based on this, we may hire for RW or MICU. If you are selected for an interview, you will be instructed about the open positions and what you would be considered for based on your geographical region.
For specific base locations, click "Locations" under "About Us" on the MedFlight Company website.
- Valid Ohio Paramedic certification
- Full Time equivalency of 3 years active experience as an EMT-P
- ACLS and BLS certifications are required
- Acceptable driving record per MedFlight's insurance carrier
- Must obtain PALS and ITLS certifications within 6 months of hire
- NRP and ASLS required within 1 year of hire
- Must obtain an advanced certification (FP-C or CCP-C) within 2 years of hire
- Candidates for Rotor Wing positions must not exceed 230 pounds in full uniform (uniform weighs approximately 10 pounds)
With the Nurse provides advanced life support in a prompt, resourceful, and efficient manner to all patients transported by MedFlight regardless of the mode of transport. Collaborates with Nurse in compliance with established protocol and regulatory requirements to provide support services and transport. Responsible for maintaining compliance with CAMTS requirements and all associated documentation. Actively participates in external education / marketing initiatives in order to protect and maintain MedFlight's market base.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Knows and meets all of the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively seeks customers' feedback on quality of service provided and pushes management to resolve customer related problems.
- Understands both the stated and unstated values of MedFlight. Lives up to the organization values at all times. Considers mission statement, vision, and values in making decisions and taking actions.
- Builds good relationships and rapport with customers, peers, supervisors and management. Treats all people with dignity and respect.
- Works collaboratively with the Nurse to provide direct patient care to critically ill and injured pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients. Emphasis is on the provision of advanced airway management, but includes the full spectrum of patient care interventions as specified in the medical protocols and as directed by Medical Control to ensure rapid and safe transport with optimal patient outcome.
- Works collaboratively with the Nurse to maintain accurate records of information including pre-transport patient documentation, transport records, and follow-up data.
- Responsible for the safe operation of transport vehicle(s) and ensures a safe environment for patient and other healthcare workers in and around MedFlight vehicles. Ensures safe vehicle operation including weather conditions, proper restraint of equipment, fluid levels, lights, sirens, radios, cellular phone functioning. Works with mechanic and Team Leader to ensure all mechanical deficiencies are corrected.
- Participates in public relations activities by providing clinical and transport operation instruction to internal and external personnel, community groups and approved visitors. Participates in public relations events.
- Assures maintenance and checks adequate stock of drugs and supplies aboard transport vehicle/aircraft and restocks after each transport. Checks biomedical equipment, both portable and aboard transport vehicle/aircraft, to ensure proper functioning and reports any deficiencies.
- Completes daily base assignments and participates in committees/taskforces or special projects.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of data/statistics for operational management, to include the distribution of customer satisfaction surveys.
- Provides quality assurance through prompt and accurate reporting, filing, and follow-up actions, both internally and externally.
- Will maintain capability to work at all bases as assigned. Will help facilitate the transition from one mode to another when primary mode is unavailable due to weather or maintenance.
- Participates in research projects to promote growth and development of medical transportation knowledge. Expected to participate in company mandated training on clinical and operational topics.
- Protects the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the Company's privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider. May access protected health information and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete job duties.
- Expected to report any concerns regarding any company policies and procedures and any observed practices in violation of that policy to the appropriate member of management.
- Participates in marketing efforts to promote all MedFlight services as outlined in the MedFlight Education Plan. Will comply with annual requirements and will complete appropriate documentation.
- Will comply with all CAMTS requirements as related to certification, training and documentation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Current Ohio certification as a Paramedic. Must maintain current certifications in Basic Trauma Life Support (or Prehospital Trauma Life Support), Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Neonatal Resuscitation Program. Meets all requirements of MedFlight policy regarding continuing education.
- Full time equivalency of three (3) years active experience as a Paramedic in an active EMS role/department. Advanced airway management skills strongly desired.
- Work requires comprehensive knowledge of emergency care procedures and techniques and a thorough understanding of their application in the medical transportation environment. This is normally achieved through certification as a Paramedic, five years related work experience as Paramedic, and completion of MedFlight's orientation program.
- Work requires the skills necessary to assess and prioritize patient needs, formulate treatment plans, and alter treatment as necessary.
- Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with internal and external personnel in stressful situations and to act as a representative of MedFlight to the public.
- Manages and copes effectively with stress related to the care of patients, families, and unpredictable situations within various care settings.
- Must maintain competency on assigned and alternate modes of transport.
- Must demonstrate alertness at all times and be able to withstand high amounts of stress in uncontrolled environments.
- Required to bend, stoop, carry equipment over rough terrain without any limitations in range of motion and use proper body mechanics.
- Motion sickness may only be controlled by medications approved by the MedFlight Medical Directors. Motion sickness that is unable to be controlled and interferes with the ability to perform the essential functions of the position may be a disqualifier for employment.
- Performs work exposed to heat, wind rain, altitudes and in rough terrain such as hills, in ice/snow, climb fences, etc. Is responsible for self-protection in the environment.
- Exposure to infectious diseases and chemical contaminants. May be exposed to hazards involved with exposure to aircraft and mobile vehicles. May be exposed to bruises, superficial lacerations, back, ankle or muscle strain and/or needle punctures while on duty.
- Will be required to travel to any of MedFlight's bases for work assignments.
- Must maintain valid Driver's License and maintain an acceptable driving record as determined by insurance carrier for coverage.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees, assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
MedFlight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MedFlight is a private, non-profit company made possible by our consortium hospitals: OhioHealth (Owner), The Wexner Medical Center at The Ohio State University (Owner) and Kettering Health Network (Affiliate Member).
MedFlight is a tobacco free environment. Use of tobacco products during working hours and while on MedFlight property is prohibited.